post covid physiotherapy
COVID Patient Symtoms
Not all COVID patients need immediate hospitalization. COVID Diagnosed patients can be largely categorized to three groups:
Point of care will depend on severity and duration of symptoms. Given below are conditions along with required care
- Stay at home with all precautions, or quarantine facility
- Monitor & keep a log of vitals & symptoms
- Stay active, well nourished & hydrated
- Consider Virtual medical/rehab assistance
- Stay at hospital with good medical monitoring, quality nursing care, oxygen and intensive care support
POST COVID Recovery
- After acute phase is over, COVID might result in multiple short term to long term complications. A comprehensive quality COVID Recovery Rehab Care program can be the best effort to bring back full functional and emotional wellbeing.
COVID recovery & rehabilitation care is a comprehensive yet fully personalized treatment strategy to control and prevent the immediate to long-term impact of COVID. Around 5-15% of those infected with COVID develop moderate to severe respiratory complications and require hospitalization & ventilator support. Of this, a significant number could suffer from some form of prolonged respiratory, physical, cognitive and functional complications.
ANGEL PHYSIO REHAB comprehensive COVID Recovery & Rehabilitation Care offer personalized careplans that are crafted and delivered by an expert multi-disciplinary rehabilitation team.
COVID recovery & rehabilitation care is a systematized multidisciplinary programme of customized education and therapeutic interventions administered to COVID patients after acute care management.The program is individualized as per specific needs of the patient to optimize his/her autonomy and overall performance of health. Exercises of the lungs and muscles will enhance the fitness level of a patient and improve the health-related quality of people with disorders like COPD. Inclusion of pulmonary care as part of the management of the disease therefore is highly recommended.
COVID patients might have multiple issues like difficulty in breathing, physical and emotional fatigue effecting activities of daily life. Therefore, a multidisciplinary approach is vital in COVID recovery & rehabilitation care.